Soils, Investing In Our Future
Time & Location
The Soil Science Australia and the New Zealand Society of Soil Science Joint Conference, to be held on 27 June – 2 July 2021 in the heart of Cairns, the gateway to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Surrounded by tropical rainforests, pristine beaches and a wealth of cultural attractions and outdoor experiences, Cairns provides a memorable Australian experience without comparison. To be held at the award-winning Cairns Convention Centre, the CBD with its 7000 hotel rooms from budget to 5 star and entertainment precinct is only a short stroll away.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Soils, investing in our future’. In the current environmental, social and political climate, soils are coming to the fore as our greatest global asset. There has never been a better time to invest in our future, but how do we do that? We invite delegates to contribute to the programme which will address the following themes:
- Soils and climate change
- Soil structural and hydrological systems and their management in the environment
- The role of soils in future function of farming and catchment systems
- Advances in soil science for improved decision making
- Pedology, soil landscapes and spatial mapping: informing the future
- Advances in macro/micro biology and lessons for improved soil function
- Protecting our soil resource from degradation & contamination
- Effective management of nutrients and water